Saturday, December 29, 2012

Neosho Falls, Kansas








I made Neosho Falls famous, though if it wasn't me, it would've been someone else.  I first visited Neosho Falls in 1978.  There were many more buildings than there are now, and they were all filled with stuff.  All types of antiques, old furniture, glassware, you name it.  I took a lot of pictures then.  Since then, things have mysteriously vanished.  Buildings are completely gone.  What was a ghost town in 1978 is an even greater ghost town now.  In 1878 President Rutherford B. Hayes visited Neosho Falls and was met by a cast of thousands.  I brought the rock band Kansas here in 1987 as they became ambitiously inspired to produce In the Spirit of Things, their last album with MCA.  Countless film crews have been lured to Neosho Falls since then.  Today, the place is still worth a visit.  Check out the cemetery, the abandoned school, the school grounds, and the old Township Hall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment